There’s no escaping Christmas now, no matter how hard you try. This is a wonderful time of the year but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. And I get that.
Christmas can be a magical and fun time, if you celebrate it. But for some it’s just another month in the year. This post is for you. It’s also for you if you love Christmas, of course, because I’m guessing any mention of it has you practically buzzing with excitement.
Whether you like Christmas or not, or even if you don’t celebrate it so can’t relate to all this festive cheer, here are some reasons to be happy this festive season:
- It’s now totally acceptable to stay indoors and choose chocolate over socialising
- People don’t question the amount of hot drinks you consume in a day.
- Wearing a onesie at any time in the day because it’s too cold to wear anything else.
- Seeing the sky change into magical colours as the sun rises too late and sets too early. Yes we have less sun in this season, but look how pretty that sky is!
- Fairy lights
- Party food. Mini cheeseburger anyone?
- Your usually boring town or city is transformed into a magical, winter kingdom
- Chocolate and cheese are the only courses you need
- Going for walks all wrapped up but still returning with a nose Rudolph would be proud of
- It’s totally okay to eat chocolate first thing in the morning
- Oversized jumpers and chunky boots are trendy and everywhere once again
- Christmas markets. Yes they’re super festive but the food!
As you can see, my favourite thing about this season is the food! What do you like most about this time if the year?