I know it’s so cliche, but allow me this one – can you believe that Christmas is basically here now? I certainly can’t! Where is this month (read: year) going man.
Anyway, I was so pleasantly surprised with the response to my ‘pep talk’ post. It seems like so many of us are going through the same thing during this season and I wanted to keep this conversation going.
Of course, I’m leaving it a bit late but I feel like now is the time – more than ever – to emphasise the importance of self care. We’re so close to the big day and the pressure is on. You might have so many events, traditions and commitments coming up in the next few days and although I hope you’re excited for them, I totally get that it can be overwhelming sometimes.
Allow me to remind you of some small, simple things you can do for yourself to make you feel calm and positive. Sometimes just taking a step back is all that is needed.
- Run yourself a hot bath and use some of your favourite products
- Make yourself your favourite meal / order your favourite takeout
- Read several chapters of a book
- Listen to your favourite album all the way throughout without any interuptions
- Change your bedding for a fresh nights sleep
- Make yourself a cup of tea (or another beverage) and actually take the time to taste and enjoy it
- Have an early night
- Watch your favourite Christmas movie or Christmas special
- Simply allow yourself to be on your own for a while
And most importantly:
DON’T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF. PUT YOURSELF FIRST.
I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing evening. Sending you all the positive and calming vibes.