Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, it’s hard to escape this festive feeling that’s floating around right now.This month, whether you like it or not, is all about being merry and loving- which are wonderful things to be and something we can all strive to have more of in our everyday lives. But it can sometimes be a difficult time of the year for a lot of people, as there’s often so much pressure to make Christmas perfect and do so much at once. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed.
But today I want to set a little challenge for me and you. Playing on the idea that this month is meant to be all about positivity and love, here are 11 small things you should make time for this month that are sure to bring these feelings to you and your loved ones:
- Take an afternoon off to yourself. Be selfish, even for just a few hours.
- Have a long, uninterrupted conversation with a friend or partner.Put the world to rights.
- Visit your grandparents or elderly relative. It’ll mean the world the them.
- Play board games with the people you live with right now. There’s nothing more frustrating or hilarious than a board game.
- Hug your parents. Be kind, they’ve done a lot for you.
- Crack open to Celebrations and have a movie night. These dark nights are the perfect time for a movie night.
- Put up some fairy lights. Any excuse to make your room look cute, eh?
- Watch a nostalgic film. Take your mind off what’s troubling you now and relax.
- Smile at at least 2 strangers today. “Better to be the one who smiled then the one who didn’t”
- Say yes. We all get so busy, but try your best to take time out for other people.
- Bake a cake. Or stick some pre-made cookie dough in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Treat yourself. Because you deserve it. You’re doing the best you can and that’s amazing.
So this was kind of a silly little post and something completely different. It’s very cheesy but isn’t that what this time of year is about? I thought I should mark it in some way!